Thursday, March 29, 2012

A little love makes a house a home [4]

· · ·  Hello, world.


Wallguides.com

     I love rooms. I love creatively, cleanly designed houses. I love decorating.

     I am not an ambitious or driven person. I have hobbies and interests but I do not have any driving goals or passions. If pressed to pick a close approximation of a personal dream, however, it would be to have a nice, big house of my own to decorate as I please, with lots and lots of storage.

     I love storage. I love interesting new uses for old things. I love simple, everyday items touched up and given new life. I love storage. I love a splash of colour.


     And did I mention I love storage?


     My ideal house would be predominantly green and purple. Not on every surface imaginable, of course - how obnoxious - but as the primary meaningful colours. Walls in various shades of purple and green, with accents in the opposite, or with a touch of pure white, or rich red, or vibrant orange, or sky blue. The kitchen would be blue and silver steel, to feel like you're cooking in cool water and counteract the heat of the stove and oven.

     The dining room might be done up in dark red, or maybe it would be a refreshing light, fruity green with some lemon yellow and tangerine orange on the walls and sugar white curtains and the stray strawberry accent.

     Every staircase would be a different colour.

     Every room would have a different theme.

     It would be glorious.

··· oh i love this house i love this house ···
··· gives me the greatest peace i've ever known ···
··· oh i love to hear those conkers fall ···
··· smash on morning southwark stone ···

No comments:

Post a Comment